Definition of razorbill in English:
A black-and-white auk (seabird) with a deep bill that is said to resemble a straight razor, found in the North Atlantic and Baltic Sea.
- Alca torda, family Alcidae
- Along thousands of miles of coastline, you will see colonies of seabirds clustered in cliffs - gannets, puffins, guillemots, razorbills, and kittiwakes.
- Bempton is the largest seabird colony in England and is home to a breathtaking array of gannets, razorbills, and puffins.
- It was the noise of thousands of baby cormorants, razorbills, gannets and guillemots, demanding food from their nests on the cliffs.
Words that rhyme with razorbillspoonbill • duckbill
Definition of razorbill in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan