Definition of re-engineer in English:
1Redesign (a device or machine).
- The company's engineers don't get the opportunity to modify products that are on their way to production, but they often have to re-engineer the devices for the PTAP researchers.
- The UKAEA said it was attempting to re-engineer the pipes in order to enable the leaking tanks to be decanted ‘should it be necessary’.
- So why not re-engineer brake lights to give a bit more information?
1.1 (often as noun re-engineering) Restructure (a company or part of its operations).
- He said the insurance company had also been re-engineering, simplifying and re-packaging some of the old traditional insurance policies.
- We have had an impact on issues ranging from simple product positioning and market development to business unit re-engineering and comprehensive corporate restructuring.
- We are seeing the beginning of possibly a large movement of Indian companies re-engineering their businesses to be web-compatible and entering into the world of e-commerce either directly or as part of a portal.
Definition of re-engineer in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan