Definition of reabsorb in English:
Absorb (something) again: a failure of the gut to reabsorb the majority of the fluid
More example sentences
- They were eventually reabsorbed into the surrounding tissue.
- As the fibres relax, they reabsorb the juices from the centre of the meat, and draw it back towards the edges.
- The corps continued to work under this name until 1996, when it was reabsorbed into the Royal Australian Engineers.
- Example sentences
- Yet the reabsorption of Alsace and Lorraine in that year brought little relief to wine-growers there.
- These tissues must have a function in the reabsorption of CKs released from the transpiration stream.
- Often the main cause behind sickness and disease is the retention and reabsorption of this toxic waste.
Definition of reabsorb in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan