Definition of reacquaint in English:
Make (someone) acquainted or familiar with someone or something again: he wants to reacquaint himself with the public
More example sentences
- For reacquainting me with that pleasure, I want to thank everyone who pushed for deregulation, privatization and free trade in electricity.
- Indeed, this project to build a new youth centre has helped reacquaint me with some tremendous characters from my past.
- Unfortunately, this would reacquaint us with the 19th century.
- Example sentences
- It will be a reacquaintance of sorts between Calderwood and the new Celtic management team.
- He still feels fine but there will be a price to pay for his reacquaintance with bad habits.
- I think what's happening is a widespread reacquaintance with reality - the reciprocal of disillusionment.
Definition of reacquaint in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan