- The nonresistive component of impedance in an AC circuit, arising from the effect of inductance or capacitance or both and causing the current to be out of phase with the electromotive force causing it.More example sentences
- The short answer is - impedance includes reactance, and reactance includes effects which vary with frequency due to inductance and capacitance.
- This can be caused by many contributors such as loaded cables acting as a lowpass filters, and other influences of inductive and capacitive reactance.
- Because such a structure will be inherently inductive there will be some inductive reactance opposing current flow.
More definitions of reactanceDefinition of reactance in:
- The British & World English dictionary