- A substance that takes part in and undergoes change during a reaction.More example sentences
- If some of the components of this system chemically react with each other then the inert substance dispersing the reactants is the inert solvent.
- When bonds are broken in a chemical reaction, the reactants involved are colliding with enough kinetic energy to break the atoms apart.
- The change in heat content of the products relative to the reactants in a chemical reaction is known as the change in enthalpy.
More definitions of reactantDefinition of reactant in:
- The British & World English dictionary