- 1The actual time during which a process or event occurs: recent natural experiments in which creolization by children can be observed in real time information updated in real timeMore example sentences
- Payment is made by credit or debit card and is processed securely online in real time.
- What is new is the array of information resources now available in real time or near real time.
- It is possible to do impressive things in real time, as computer games demonstrate.
- 1.1 (as modifier real-time) Computing Of or relating to a system in which input data is processed within milliseconds so that it is available virtually immediately as feedback, e.g., in a missile guidance or airline booking system: real-time signal processingMore example sentences
- The hard real-time system would guarantee that sensor inputs would not be missed.
- In a real-time system, each of these cases would be an opportunity for a missed deadline.
- The real-time combat system that the game is heavily dependant on is rock-solid.
More definitions of real timeDefinition of real time in:
- The British & World English dictionary