Definition of rearrest in English:
Arrest (someone) again.
- At the end of the first 90 days, the police tried to break his will by telling him that he was free - and promptly rearresting him.
- He was then rearrested, a stay was sought, it was granted for a short period.
- Fortunately, the Spanish police rearrested the man in July.
nounBack to top
An act of rearresting someone.
- His release by the court was announced but his rearrest by the secret police was not.
- When any rearrest or drug rearrests were the outcome criteria, only the use of jail was related to rearrest, net of controls for participant risk.
- His rearrest came after local police said he would be useful to investigations into the recent Port-of-Spain bombings.
Definition of rearrest in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.