Definition of rearrest in English:
Arrest (someone) again.
- At the end of the first 90 days, the police tried to break his will by telling him that he was free - and promptly rearresting him.
- He was then rearrested, a stay was sought, it was granted for a short period.
- Fortunately, the Spanish police rearrested the man in July.
nounBack to top
An act of rearresting someone.
- His release by the court was announced but his rearrest by the secret police was not.
- When any rearrest or drug rearrests were the outcome criteria, only the use of jail was related to rearrest, net of controls for participant risk.
- His rearrest came after local police said he would be useful to investigations into the recent Port-of-Spain bombings.
Definition of rearrest in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan