Definition of rebirthing in English:
A form of psychotherapy involving controlled breathing intended to simulate the trauma of being born.
- By using rebirthing, ‘therapy goes a lot faster’ for some clients looking for ‘personal growth,’ Waters-Rose says.
- Millions of people every year subscribe to popular therapies such as rebirthing, but are they really dealing with the difficult issues?
- Rebirthing was felt to programme people to expect trauma and breath-though because of the linguistics used.
- Example sentences
- Another rebirther reported that the therapist ‘apparently knew about rebirthing, but she wasn't using that technique with the child when she died.‘
- The rebirthers handling Candace used a creative adaptation of the methodology.
- The process of becoming a rebirther involves getting rebirthed, receiving training, and then continuing both getting rebirthed and taking training.
Definition of rebirthing in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan