- An aqualung in which the diver’s exhaled breath is partially purified of carbon dioxide, mixed with more oxygen, and then breathed again by the diver.More example sentences
- Have you heard that British dive shops are being asked for names of people buying the more expensive items of dive gear, particularly rebreathers and diver scooters?
- Unlike conventional scuba gear, rebreathers recycle exhaled gas by chemically scrubbing it of carbon dioxide with soda lime.
- Without it, Shirley would have to constantly monitor the oxygen levels in his rebreather and inject oxygen into his breathing loop manually.
More definitions of rebreatherDefinition of rebreather in:
- The British & World English dictionary