Definition of rebuild in English:
verb (past and past participle rebuilt /-ˈbilt/)[with object]
Build (something) again after it has been damaged or destroyed: he rebuilt the cathedral church figurative we try to help them rebuild their lives
More example sentences
- The garage belongs to a family in nearby Church Road, who rebuilt it as a double garage just two years ago.
- He has never rebuilt the confidence which his father unintentionally destroyed in childhood.
- Once the place is rebuilt, cleaned and sorted, viewers of the show can holiday there.
Pronunciation: /ˈrēˌbild /Back to top
1An instance or rebuilding something, especially a vehicle or other machine.
- It is always cheaper to pay now rather than later, so it became a case of doing a preventative total rebuild on everything.
- I have seen the results of some good rebuild programs and, unfortunately, some bad ones.
- When we found this out we took major action, developing a 20-year rebuild strategy.
1.1A thing that has been rebuilt, especially a part of a motor vehicle, e.g., a motor or an alternator.
- The Peugeot driver was helped by a gearbox rebuild to stay clear of France's Sebastien Loeb after one stage was scrapped following safety concerns.
- I found Phil's post particularly illuminating, and tried turning off a few of the automatic index template rebuilds.
- Example sentences
- The PFP - 2 is 100 percent rebuildable, boasts a 160-psi max pressure output and uses an oversize cast alloy base with a three-point design for superior stability.
- Blackburn's Frame Pump comes in three lengths, from 16.5 to 22 inches, and is made with a tough aluminum body and rebuildable internals.
- The business of compiling from source, installing or fidgeting with rebuildable source RPMs has never been for the faint-of-heart.
- Example sentences
- The most phlegmatic, untroubled rebuilder of wobbling innings in the world today, the 35-year-old left hander shrugged off every ball that gloved him and every one that scuttled.
- Do you have any suggestions on how to tell a good rebuilder from a not-so-good one?
- I met fuel-injection-pump rebuilders who knew the gross margins of every nozzle and pump they produced.