A temporary rise in temperature during cooling of a metal, caused by a change in crystal structure.
- Kelton suspected that the first recalescence signaled the formation of the alloy's metastable icosahedral phase, followed five seconds later by the formation of the C14 Laves phase.
- The recalescence point is lower than the decalescence point by anywhere from 85 to 215 degrees F.
- I showed that recalescence and the disappearance of magnetisability in iron and steel occurred at about the same temperature.
- Example sentences
- The wound becomes toughened with a light ordering that is recalescent.
- When the recalescent event was recognized in the pre-set temperature range, power was automatically switched off.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of recalescence in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.