- A person employed in an office or other establishment to answer the telephone, deal with clients, and greet visitors.More example sentences
- Just as GPs need surgeries and receptionists MPs need offices and staff.
- Between 8.00 and 10.00 am the office is at its busiest with clients booking calls and receptionists confirming visit times and hospital appointments.
- He greets me at the door of his office, dismisses the receptionist, and strides back behind his immense immaculate desk.
More definitions of receptionistDefinition of receptionist in:
- The British & World English dictionary