Definition of reclassify in English:
verb (reclassifies, reclassifying, reclassified)[with object]
Assign to a different class or category: Hurricane Helene was reclassified as a bad storm
More example sentences
- Ketamine is currently legal although the Home Office has plans to reclassify it as a class C drug by the end of this year.
- The book was reclassified Category 1 - Restricted.
- But in November 2000 the prison was reclassified as a Category C prison, which meant inmates could not work in the community.
- Example sentences
- In 2002, the council recommended the reclassification of cannabis to a class C drug prompting controversial changes to the way the drug was tackled by police forces.
- From then it will be for manufacturers to request reclassification of their products, with oral contraceptives expected to be at the head of the queue.
- Currently 40 parcels of land are being considered for reclassification.
Definition of reclassify in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan