- 1The process of recombining things.More example sentences
- Happily, the expansions and recombinations of American businesses over the century chronicled here have had far more positive results than this author would lead us to believe.
- In fashion and music, cycles of revivals, retrospectives, and recombinations have emerged, defining styles with an eerie predictability.
- It generally analyses the form of recombinations that emerge on the contemporary scene.
- 1.1 Genetics The rearrangement of genetic material, especially by crossing over in chromosomes or by the artificial joining of segments of DNA from different organisms.More example sentences
- This appears to be consistent with a lower than normal level of recombination in this chromosome.
- A third possibility is that the effect of recombination varies among chromosomes.
- Here we present evidence that the chromosomal hypermutation is promoted by recombination.
More definitions of recombinationDefinition of recombination in:
- The British & World English dictionary