1The process of recombining things.
- Happily, the expansions and recombinations of American businesses over the century chronicled here have had far more positive results than this author would lead us to believe.
- In fashion and music, cycles of revivals, retrospectives, and recombinations have emerged, defining styles with an eerie predictability.
- It generally analyses the form of recombinations that emerge on the contemporary scene.
1.1 Genetics The rearrangement of genetic material, especially by crossing over in chromosomes or by the artificial joining of segments of DNA from different organisms.
- This appears to be consistent with a lower than normal level of recombination in this chromosome.
- A third possibility is that the effect of recombination varies among chromosomes.
- Here we present evidence that the chromosomal hypermutation is promoted by recombination.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of recombination in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.