1The action of enlisting new people in the armed forces.
- He cited low unemployment and increasing job availability as other reasons why Armed Forces recruitment figures were declining.
- Facing lagging recruitment figures, military recruiters are under increasing pressure to produce.
- If military recruitment is down now, wait till the kids read this book.
1.1The action of finding new people to join an organization or support a cause: the recruitment of nurses
More example sentences
- A recruitment drive has been launched to find more people to become volunteers in the borough.
- When a union prioritises recruitment and organisation people join.
- The most effective recruitment drives are founded on issues, not just organizations.
1.2 Ecology The increase in a natural population as progeny grow and immigrants arrive.
- Our findings suggest that cowbirds are relatively long lived and that recruitment into the breeding population is low.
- The effect of both is to minimize the effects of temporally variable recruitment on total population size.
- These patterns may have implications for population survival and recruitment in forests.
1.3 Physiology The incorporation into a tissue or region of cells from elsewhere in the body.
- The end result would be the recruitment of antigen-specific T cells to the lung.
- The endothelium is the primary portal for inflammatory cell recruitment.
- Chemokines are important regulators of cell recruitment to the allergic airway.
Definition of recruitment in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.