Form or cause to form crystals again.
- The heat and/or pressure experienced during metamorphism causes the calcium carbonate to recrystallize into a tightly interlocking mass of calcite crystals.
- Fat crystals with high melting points ‘dissolve’ in this liquid fat and are taken along to the surface where they can recrystallise as spiky crystals.
- Normally in a chemistry laboratory, filtration is generally used to separate solid impurities from a liquid or a solution or to collect a solid substance from the liquid or solution from which it was precipitated or recrystallized.
- Example sentences
- This involves ionic diffusion processes in the crystal structure of the solids, leading to phase change and recrystallisation.
- These form emulsions with the sugar and help to prevent recrystallization of the mixture when this is not desired.
- In the near field above the container the borehole will be very effectively sealed by melting, recrystallization and metamorphism of the host rock backfill.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of recrystallize in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.