nounMathematics & Linguistics
- 1The repeated application of a recursive procedure or definition.More example sentences
- Its used in all sorts of things in calculus where recursion is necessary, like differential equations.
- The choice should be a function of the background of the audience, and especially their understanding of some basic concepts like iteration and recursion.
- Another component is a more mathematical concept called recursion and the ability to imbed structures within structures.
- 1.1A recursive definition.More example sentences
- Because the central linear recursions are defined over the effectively infinite-dimensioned state space of history, importance sampling is used to approximate the underlying Markov chain.
- We can now use Table 1 to derive the following recursions for the allele frequencies.
- The above recursions are numerically stable and very fast.
1930s: from late Latin recursio(n-), from recurrere 'run back' (see recur).
More definitions of recursionDefinition of recursion in:
- The British & World English dictionary