Definition of red grouse in English:
A bird of a race of the willow ptarmigan having entirely reddish-brown plumage, native only to the British Isles.
- Lagopus lagopus scoticus, family Phasianidae (or Tetraonidae)
- Marsden Moor supports large numbers of moorland birds such as the golden plover, red grouse, curlew and the diminutive twite.
- It is the home of the lapwing, curlew, golden plover, dunlin and red grouse.
- The black grouse needs a more varied habitat than the better-established red grouse.
Definition of red grouse in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan