Definition of red gum in English:
1An Australian gum tree with smooth bark and hard dark red timber.
- Genera Eucalyptus and Angophora, family Myrtaceae: many species, in particular the widespread river red gum (E. camaldulensis)
- It was mainly the river red gum,, from which the Aborigines cut and peeled long sheets of bark to make their canoes.
- Mr Henry has also released a report which claims more river red gum and black box trees are dying along the Murray River than first thought.
- The school's year 4 students planted 64 native trees, including river red gums, wattle and melaleuca, to attract wildlife to the school.
Definition of red gum in:
- British & World English dictionary