Definition of red-hot poker in English:
A South African plant with tall erect spikes of tubular flowers, the upper ones of which are typically red and the lower ones yellow.
- Kniphofia uvaria, family Liliaceae: many cultivars
- The arrangement of pendulous petal groups has a similar appearance to that of the red-hot poker or some aloe flowers.
- Native plants are preferable, but many hummer enthusiasts swear by exotics such as single varieties of fuchsia, as well as lantana and red-hot poker.
- Gardens are pub-bright with lots of geraniums and red-hot pokers and little spiky palm trees.
Definition of red-hot poker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.