Definition of red-hot poker in English:
A South African plant with tall erect spikes of tubular flowers, the upper ones of which are typically red and the lower ones yellow.
- Kniphofia uvaria, family Liliaceae: many cultivars
- The arrangement of pendulous petal groups has a similar appearance to that of the red-hot poker or some aloe flowers.
- Native plants are preferable, but many hummer enthusiasts swear by exotics such as single varieties of fuchsia, as well as lantana and red-hot poker.
- Gardens are pub-bright with lots of geraniums and red-hot pokers and little spiky palm trees.
Definition of red-hot poker in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan