Definition of red mullet in English:
An elongated fish with long barbels on the chin, living in warmer seas and widely valued as a food fish.
- Family Mullidae: several genera and many species, in particular Muletus surmuletus of the Mediterranean and eastern Atlantic
- On rocky rummages in the shallows you might spy damsel fish, red mullet, painted combers and rainbow wrasse before they dart off.
- The talk is all of haddock, salmon, red mullet and bass.
- Other appetizing local dishes include octopus in red wine, red mullet and squid rings for fish lovers.
Definition of red mullet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.