Definition of red mullet in English:
An elongated fish with long barbels on the chin, living in warmer seas and widely valued as a food fish.
- Family Mullidae: several genera and many species, in particular Muletus surmuletus of the Mediterranean and eastern Atlantic
- On rocky rummages in the shallows you might spy damsel fish, red mullet, painted combers and rainbow wrasse before they dart off.
- The talk is all of haddock, salmon, red mullet and bass.
- Other appetizing local dishes include octopus in red wine, red mullet and squid rings for fish lovers.
Definition of red mullet in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan