Definition of red panda in English:
A raccoonlike mammal with thick reddish-brown fur and a bushy tail, native to high bamboo forests from the Himalayas to southern China. Also called lesser panda.
- Ailurus fulgens; it is variously placed with the raccoons or bears, or in its own family (Ailurudae)
- Recent DNA analysis indicates that giant pandas are more closely related to bears and red pandas are more closely related to raccoons.
- Among the world's botanically richest sites, the sanctuaries are also home to other endangered animals such as the red panda and the snow leopard.
- The red panda lives in the bamboo forests of the Himalayan and Heng-Duan Mountains.
Definition of red panda in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan