A small tree squirrel with a reddish coat.
- ● A North American squirrel with a pale belly and a black line along the sides during the summer (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus, family Sciuridae). ● A Eurasian squirrel with distinctive ear tufts during the winter months (Sciurus vulgaris, family Sciuridae).
More example sentences
- Deer mice and red squirrels were photographed at plots of each nest-stratum treatment.
- The cats can and do eat red squirrels, ground squirrels, and grouse, but an abundance of hares is lynx heaven.
- Mostly it consists of sandy woodland and pristine marshes, full of red squirrels and sika deer.
Definition of red squirrel in:
- The British & World English dictionary