Definition of red squirrel in English:
A small tree squirrel with a reddish coat.
- ● A North American squirrel with a pale belly and a black line along the sides during the summer (Tamiasciurus hudsonicus, family Sciuridae). ● A Eurasian squirrel with distinctive ear tufts during the winter months (Sciurus vulgaris, family Sciuridae).
- Deer mice and red squirrels were photographed at plots of each nest-stratum treatment.
- The cats can and do eat red squirrels, ground squirrels, and grouse, but an abundance of hares is lynx heaven.
- Mostly it consists of sandy woodland and pristine marshes, full of red squirrels and sika deer.
Definition of red squirrel in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan