Definition of red-tailed hawk in English:
The most common and most widespread hawk of North and Central America, with a reddish tail.
- Buteo jamaicensis, family Accipitridae
- It also provides breathing room for raptors such as prairie falcons, golden eagles, and red-tailed hawks.
- If you see the red tail on an adult red-tailed hawk, one of the most common hawks in these parts, you don't have to look any further.
- Instead they are eaten primarily by large birds, such as great-horned owls and red-tailed hawks.
Definition of red-tailed hawk in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan