Definition of red wolf in English:
A fairly small wolf with a cinnamon or tawny-colored coat, native to the southeastern US but possibly extinct in the wild.
- Canis rufus, family Canidae
- Mating between eastern Canadian wolves, red wolves, and coyotes is possible, he said, because they share a common ancestor.
- Gray wolves can be distinguished from red wolves by their larger size, broader snout, and shorter ears.
- For example, a large fraction of both red wolves and gray wolves have turned out to be wolf/coyote hybrids.
Definition of red wolf in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan