Definition of red wolf in English:
A fairly small wolf with a cinnamon or tawny-colored coat, native to the southeastern US but possibly extinct in the wild.
- Canis rufus, family Canidae
- Mating between eastern Canadian wolves, red wolves, and coyotes is possible, he said, because they share a common ancestor.
- Gray wolves can be distinguished from red wolves by their larger size, broader snout, and shorter ears.
- For example, a large fraction of both red wolves and gray wolves have turned out to be wolf/coyote hybrids.
Definition of red wolf in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.