Definition of redbud in English:
A North American tree of the pea family, with pink flowers that grow from the trunk, branches, and twigs.
- Genus Cercis, family Leguminosae: several species, in particular eastern redbud (C. canadensis)
- Shorter trees are eastern redbud, flowering dogwood, American hornbeam, and eastern hop hornbeam.
- Eighty new trees will be planted, Kousa dogwood, Eastern redbud, downy serviceberry, sourwood, Yoshino cherry, and tulip poplar among them.
- You'll get a hankering to come back every year in early May when the redbuds open and the dogwoods bloom.
Words that rhyme with redbudlifeblood
Definition of redbud in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan