Definition of redden in English:
1Make or become red: [with object]: bare arms reddened by sun and wind [no object]: the sky is reddening
More example sentences
- My skin was still stinging from the heat and when I looked at my grandmother I saw, with horror, that her arms were reddened too.
- I had time to see everything about her - her sacking apron, her clumsy clogs, her arms reddened by the cold.
- His blond hair was buzzed close to his scalp, and his complexion was reddened slightly from the sun, giving his head the look of a bad-tempered peach.
1.2 [no object] (Of the eyes) become pink at the rims as a result of crying.
- At least the two boys got to sit on their father's lap as he sat in the prisoner's box, she said, clutching her head scarf, her eyes slightly reddened.
- She looked straight at me, her eyes reddening from tears.
- ‘There,’ she said after she finished with the braid, and tried her best to throw a smile even as her eyes reddened with tears.
Words that rhyme with reddenArmageddon, deaden, leaden
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.