Definition of redecorate in English:
Decorate (a room or building) again, typically differently.
- If you are redecorating a room that is covered in wallpaper, it is usually necessary to remove the old wallpaper.
- Framed art is a quick and easy solution to redecorating a room, for two reasons.
- I vividly remember when my mother decided to redecorate our living room.
- Example sentences
- During the next six weeks, the library will undergo a programme of refurbishment, redecoration and modernisation.
- The current owners have carried out extensive redecoration and refurbishment work during their six years in the house, which is now in very good condition.
- ‘Television programmes that encourage spending on redecoration and home makeovers are all very well,’ he said.
Definition of redecorate in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.