- (Of a central bank) discount (a bill of exchange or similar instrument) that has already been discounted by a commercial bank.More example sentences
- Here, we would presume he has in mind the ECB monetizing private debt by rediscounting existing private liabilities, or using them in open market operations.
- They can be kept in the portfolio as an earning asset, or they can be liquidated (rediscounted) on the shortest notice without any loss of value.
nounBack to top
- The action of rediscounting something.More example sentences
- The rate cut, the 14th in the past two years, reduced the key rediscount rate from 1.875 percent to 1.625 percent, effective today.
- The central bank has cut it key rediscount rate 62.5 basis points since December.
- The bank said it will maintain its rediscount rate - charged to commercial lenders for 10-day loans - at 1.375 percent.
More definitions of rediscountDefinition of rediscount in:
- The British & World English dictionary