- Used euphemistically to refer to the state of being poor after being relatively wealthy: a divorcee living in reduced circumstancesMore example sentences
- It is a fact of life that the death of a husband or wife results in reduced circumstances for the surviving partner.
- Despite his seemingly reduced circumstances, Reid was still able to spend almost 3000 on a round-trip ticket from Paris via Miami and Antigua.
- Having taken advantage of increased funding to become a full-time athlete, he now finds his reduced circumstances and changing priorities have affected his thinking.
More definitions of reduced circumstancesDefinition of reduced circumstances in:
- The British & World English dictionary