- A reducing agent.More example sentences
- Some substances are capable of acting either as reductants or as oxidants, e.g., hydrogen peroxide and nitrous acid.
- Other species can serve as sources of hydrogen or electrons and likewise participate in redox reactions as reductants.
- Carbohydrates not only provide the acceptor of sulphide for cysteine biosynthesis, they are the source of reductants for sulphate reduction in non-photosynthetic tissues.
More definitions of reductantDefinition of reductant in:
- The British & World English dictionary