Definition of reed warbler in English:
A Eurasian and African songbird with plain plumage, frequenting reed beds.
- Genus Acrocephalus, family Sylviidae: several species, in particular the common A. scirpaceus
- The case of the great reed warbler, Acrocephalus arundinaceus, is probably the most frequently cited example showing that song is subject to directional female mating preferences.
- The Basra reed warbler is a near-endemic species of Iraq whose last stronghold is the Mesopotamian marshlands to the north of Basra.
- Scientists also predicted that species like the black kite, cattle egret and great reed warbler, not currently found in Britain, could migrate there if warmer summer temperatures continued.
Definition of reed warbler in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.