- The horizontal upper surface of a coral reef.More example sentences
- A rich reef community proliferated across the reef flat and down the wall, where hard corals formed small terraces and ledges where yet more corals and sponges grew.
- They are usually characterized by an outer reef edge capped by an algal ridge, a broad reef flat, and a sand-floored ‘boat channel’ close to the shore.
- Unlike other scarid species, they often move onto the reef flat at high tide to feed and therefore may be seen in tidal pools.
More definitions of reef flatDefinition of reef flat in:
- The British & World English dictionary