Definition of refinish in English:
Apply a new finish to (a surface or object).
- Rolling said they just refinished the inside of the building and don't want to have to redo it because of a leaky roof.
- He even refinished the inside of the barrel with a silicon base spray cover.
- Is there any way of dulling that shiny spot and blending it in with the rest of the finish without completely refinishing the piece?
nounBack to top
An act of refinishing a surface or object.
- A full refinish is an expensive way to take care of minor stuff - and that usually reduces value too - but sometimes we can touch things up a bit and either eliminate or reduce the impact of a scratch.
- I put a note with the gun stating that it was ‘out of time’ and misfiring, and needed a refinish on top of the fix.
- PPG (Pittsburgh Plate Glass) Industries acquired the vehicle refinish business of ICI and also the former Courtaulds aerospace and sealant business from Akzo Nobel.
Definition of refinish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.