Definition of refinish in English:
Apply a new finish to (a surface or object).
- Rolling said they just refinished the inside of the building and don't want to have to redo it because of a leaky roof.
- He even refinished the inside of the barrel with a silicon base spray cover.
- Is there any way of dulling that shiny spot and blending it in with the rest of the finish without completely refinishing the piece?
nounBack to top
An act of refinishing a surface or object.
- A full refinish is an expensive way to take care of minor stuff - and that usually reduces value too - but sometimes we can touch things up a bit and either eliminate or reduce the impact of a scratch.
- I put a note with the gun stating that it was ‘out of time’ and misfiring, and needed a refinish on top of the fix.
- PPG (Pittsburgh Plate Glass) Industries acquired the vehicle refinish business of ICI and also the former Courtaulds aerospace and sealant business from Akzo Nobel.
Definition of refinish in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan