2 Electronics A soldering technique in which surface-mount components are held in position on a circuit board using a paste containing solder that melts to form soldered joints when the circuit board is heated.
- During reflow of the solder joints of the electronic module by heating, the modified passivation reacts with the polyamine at the amine functionality.
- The underside of the MCM is covered with a grid of solder ball contacts that have a relatively coarse spacing of 2-3 mm and can be attached to a circuit board using standard SMD or solder reflow techniques.
- Various techniques are available for hermetic sealing include resistance welding and solder reflow.
2 Electronics Attach (a surface-mount component) using the reflow technique.
- This is a method and apparatus for assembling ball grid array components on printed circuit boards by reflowing before placement
- The electronics industry utilizes hot gas soldering to reflow or melt solder in localized areas on circuit assemblies.
- An anneal procedure is then performed resulting in a planar top surface topography of the reflowed BPSG layer.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of reflow in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.