Replant with trees; cover again with forest: a project to reforest the country’s coastal areas
More example sentences
- The Global ReLeaf campaign aims to plant 300,000 hillside trees and 3,000 street trees to reforest denuded slopes in and around the city.
- The WWRC set a goal of planting 1,000 trees to help reforest the community.
- Some of those trees will reforest a site at Sikhote-Alin Reserve in the Far East that suffers from yearly wildfires.
- More example sentences
- Increased harvesting of trees at high elevations has led to a greater demand for yellow cedar stock for reforestation.
- Despite efforts to control the flow of lumber, reforestation of Douglas fir forests in this period were generally not successful.
- And Chinese larch is a favorite for reforestation in Scotland where forest cover was lost centuries ago to sheep farming.
Pronunciation: /rēˌfôrəˈstāSHən, -ˈfärə-/noun
Definition of reforest in:
- The British & World English dictionary