verb (reformats, reformatting, reformatted)[with object] chiefly Computing
- Give a new format to; revise or represent in another format.More example sentences
- It could take any action the user himself could take, including adding, changing or deleting data, communicating with web sites, reformatting the disk drive, and other actions.
- Replacing software without having to reformat data or change hardware would also be possible.
- It may be impossible to reinstall without reformatting the hard disk of your computer.
More definitions of reformatDefinition of reformat in:
- The British & World English dictionary