- Refractive.More example sentences
- Several sheaths have a refringent, transparent central lumen and appear empty.
- Droplets of extractives only appeared in the inner ring of sapwood in some cells of the ray parenchyma as small refringent bodies.
- These were filled with mature, refringent spores, as observed under the microscope (not shown).
late 18th century: from Latin refringent-, literally 'breaking again', from the verb refringere.
More definitions of refringentDefinition of refringent in:
- The British & World English dictionary