- A form of dance music of Puerto Rican origin, characterized by a fusion of Latin rhythms, dancehall, and hip-hop or rap.More example sentences
- Kelly cruises through genres like he's giving a guided tour, hitting crunk, dancehall, hip-hop, reggaeton, and naturally, a handful of bedroom ballads along the way.
- At boutique record stores, adventurous radio stations and clubs across America and Europe, baile funk has become the dance import du jour, an underground equivalent to Jamaican dancehall or Puerto Rican reggaeton.
- Last month, Univision, the nation's biggest Spanish-language broadcaster, launched radio station La Kalle, aimed at the 18-34 age group in New York, where 80 per cent of Latin music sold is reggaeton.
21st century: from reggae and Spanish -ton, on the pattern of marathon.
More definitions of reggaetonDefinition of reggaeton in:
- The British & World English dictionary