- Of, relating to, or characteristic of a region: regional and local needs regional variationsMore example sentences
- This possibly could be evidence of a regional variation associated with the South.
- The poverty line does not even account for regional variations in the cost of living!
- The above patterns are national, but there are ethnic and regional variations.
noun(regionals) Back to top
- North American An athletic contest involving competitors from a particular region: the opening game of the Little League Senior Division Softball Eastern RegionalsMore example sentences
- The winner of the gold, silver and bronze medals in the regionals participated in the national abilympics held in November 2002.
- I went to regionals and was excited because the state champion from the year before was also in my regional and had attended my school when he won.
- Hundreds of dancers ages 9 to 19 participate in regionals and finals, coming away with a clearer picture of their future.
- More example sentences
- The sample was drawn from manufacturing, distribution, retail and services sectors and from a regionally representative sample.
- And to maximise the impact, the campaign is regionally focused.
- Dr. Watson added that Dublin was already well serviced and instead of building more units there funds should be spread out more regionally.
Pronunciation: /ˈrējənl-ē, ˈrējnəlē/adverb