- A person who stages a theatrical production, especially a ballet.More example sentences
- Dancers and choreographers, ballet masters and regisseurs do not take kindly to non-dancers controlling their destinies or making decisions for them.
- In 1900 he moved to Moscow where he became premier danseur and regisseur of the Bolshoi Ballet; in 1902 he was appointed director, a position he held until his death.
- She is the regisseur for ballets by Smuin and Val Caniparoli (she has set his popular Lambarena on companies from South Africa to South Florida).
from French régisseur.
More definitions of regisseurDefinition of regisseur in:
- The British & World English dictionary