- Of a reign or monarch.More example sentences
- An odd handful, notably Buckingham Palace and the Vatican, survive in regnal use; the rest exist purely as public museums.
- A new challenge arose when Bessus, who had withdrawn to his satrapy, proclaimed himself King of Kings under the regnal name Artaxerxes V.
- According to tradition, Numa was the great civil and sacred lawgiver of regnal Rome.
early 17th century: from Anglo-Latin regnalis, from Latin regnum 'kingdom'.
More definitions of regnalDefinition of regnal in:
- The British & World English dictionary