- 1Make (something) regular.More example sentences
- The task then is to find ways to regularize the movement of workers to where they can be productively employed.
- The one way system was very successful in that it regularised the junctions because they were awfully dangerous and it got rid of that danger.
- They propose a change in rule to regularise the practice of some teams huddling together before the playing of the National Anthem.
- 1.1Establish (a hitherto temporary or provisional arrangement) on an official or correct basis: immigrants applying to regularize their status as residentsMore example sentences
- In the absence of the child's immigration status being regularized such that he may lawfully enter the United States as a person intending to reside there, he could only lawfully enter as a visitor.
- Unfortunately [he] was misled into believing… that his immigration status had been regularised.
- In November 2000 there was a major row and a month later he was arrested as an overstayer because his immigration status had not been regularised.
- More example sentences
- And although the regularization of the status of immigrants is not an issue that concerns many of these voters, it is an indicator of the party's attitude to a minority that currently numbers almost 30 million people.
- We will be asking for an end to detentions and deportation, the abolition of security certificates and the regularization of all non-status migrants.
- We need to address a regularization of immigration policy.
More definitions of regularizeDefinition of regularize in:
- The British & World English dictionary