Heat (something, especially cooked food) again.
- When reheating this soup, heat only until hot, not boiling.
- She could never stand prepackaged food and reheated fast food like Darius seemed to love.
- But then, a microwave oven would often become an ornamental kitchen equipment, used occasionally to bake a cake, to pop some corns and mostly for reheating the food.
1The process of using the hot exhaust to burn extra fuel in a jet engine and produce extra power.
- To give extra thrust, the engine reheat method was used which alights fuel in the jet pipe, giving her the title ‘Rocket’.
- The pilot suspected a minor technical problem with one of the reheats - the parts of the engine that make the plane go supersonic - and he carried out some additional checks.
- Captain Bannister told us we would feel a nudge as he engaged the reheats and we also felt something when we looked at the lunch menu.
Definition of reheat in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.