Entry from British & World English dictionary
Definition of reindustrialize in English:
Revitalize or modernize the industry of (a country or area).
- ‘If we wish to return to renewable energy, we will have to reindustrialise the landscape’.
- If the site is reindustrialized, the task force hopes it will be a non-polluting industry.
- Example sentences
- The Soviet blockade of Berlin was triggered by Allied currency reforms opposed by Josef Stalin as a step toward unification and reindustrialization of the American, British, and French occupation zones of Germany.
- His work is a surprising combination of science and art, the mundane and the dramatic, perhaps reflecting the reindustrialization following the war and the infiltration of technology into everyday life.
- In Brockville, Canada, an element of reindustrialization of the the company's operations was achieved through the management's buyout of part of the product range produced there.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.