verb[with object] (usually be reinfected)
- Cause to become infected again.More example sentences
- A person can be reinfected after drug treatment if they swallow more worm eggs, so it is important to maintain high levels of hygiene.
- Indeed, a child growing up in an endemic community can expect be infected soon after weaning, and to be infected and constantly reinfected for the rest of her or his life.
- Actually, the virus never left; it was in your body and reinfects the new liver.
- More example sentences
- These studies have demonstrated that reinfection, before or during therapy, can be a mechanism leading to the development of drug resistance.
- It's possible that relapses are the result of reinfection.
- If the pathogen causing reinfection is different from the original pathogen, two weeks of treatment are sufficient.
More definitions of reinfectDefinition of reinfect in:
- The British & World English dictionary