Definition of reinfect in English:
verb[with object] (usually be reinfected)
Cause to become infected again.
- A person can be reinfected after drug treatment if they swallow more worm eggs, so it is important to maintain high levels of hygiene.
- Indeed, a child growing up in an endemic community can expect be infected soon after weaning, and to be infected and constantly reinfected for the rest of her or his life.
- Actually, the virus never left; it was in your body and reinfects the new liver.
- Example sentences
- These studies have demonstrated that reinfection, before or during therapy, can be a mechanism leading to the development of drug resistance.
- It's possible that relapses are the result of reinfection.
- If the pathogen causing reinfection is different from the original pathogen, two weeks of treatment are sufficient.
Definition of reinfect in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan