- Restore (someone or something) to their former position or condition: the union is fighting to reinstate the fired journalistsMore example sentences
- It is said he was not reinstated to the position in which he was employed prior to the termination.
- It was parliament that reinstated the monarchy during the Restoration period, and not the other way round.
- We are reinstating the rights we always claimed we had.
- More example sentences
- Work at the hotel involved the restoration and reinstatement of the original cast iron gutters dating back 150 years.
- In the previous year a total of 140 pupils were permanently excluded, which was reduced to 124 by reinstatements.
- A reinstatement of last summer's deferred industrial action will likely be agreed and could be put into effect in weeks.