Definition of reinstate in English:
Restore (someone or something) to their former position or condition: the union is fighting to reinstate the fired journalists
More example sentences
- It is said he was not reinstated to the position in which he was employed prior to the termination.
- It was parliament that reinstated the monarchy during the Restoration period, and not the other way round.
- We are reinstating the rights we always claimed we had.
- Example sentences
- Work at the hotel involved the restoration and reinstatement of the original cast iron gutters dating back 150 years.
- In the previous year a total of 140 pupils were permanently excluded, which was reduced to 124 by reinstatements.
- A reinstatement of last summer's deferred industrial action will likely be agreed and could be put into effect in weeks.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan