Definition of reinter in English:
Bury (a corpse) again, often in a different place than that of the first burial.
- A post-mortem examination was carried out before the body was reinterred.
- After the Restoration, Charles ordered the remains to be reinterred in St Giles.
- Unfortunately, the graves were dug up, the remains were reinterred, and the road is there now.
- Example sentences
- But World War II interfered with the planned reinterment.
- I wish to assure your readers that those in charge of the exhumation and reinterment were not similarly careless.
- The ceaseless reinterments in a big town churchyard meant, in any case, that you could not expect a grave site to be permanently set apart for its tenant.
Definition of reinter in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan