Definition of rejuvenescence in English:
1The renewal of youth or vitality.
- By continuous living tradition and a vital power of rejuvenescence, this land has readjusted itself through unnumbered transformations.
- Senescence leads to reproduction and the process of rejuvenescence in each asexual cycle carries the organism back to the same stage of youth.
- Two categories of potential advantages of sex - variation and rejuvenescence - were hotly debated in the nineteenth century and today.
1.1 Biology The reactivation of vegetative cells, resulting in regrowth from old or injured parts.
- Although corallites are basically ceratoid in shape, the majority have irregular shapes, which were probably produced by a combination of redirected growth and rejuvenescence many times during life.
- Variations of those characters are partly due to stressed environments, such as unstable, muddy substrates resulting in corallite rejuvenescence and redirection.
- In a particular corallum, the diameter of the aulos responded quickly to an event that caused redirection or rejuvenescence of growth, which can be observed in longitudinal sections.
Definition of rejuvenescence in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.